What Are Some Of The Top Health Trends For African Americans In 2024?
Happy New Year to a healthier you! The start of the new year is a chance to reset your daily self-care routine. Need some goal-setting inspiration? According to the National Institute of Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD), Here are some of the top health trends for African Americans in 2024.
Mental Health Awareness
- African Americans are more likely than other race and ethnic groups to experience mental health conditions but are less likely to seek treatment. This is due to several factors, including lack of access to care and cultural barriers. In 2024, we expect to see an increased focus on mental health awareness and outreach in the African-American community.
A Focus On Social Health Determinants
- Social health determinants are the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work, and age. These conditions can have a significant impact on health and well-being. In 2024, we can expect to see an increased focus on addressing social health determinants in the African-American community, such as poverty, lack of access to healthy food, and environmental racism.
Use Of Technology To Improve Health Outcomes
- Technology can improve health outcomes in many ways, such as providing access to information and resources and helping people to track their health progress. In 2024, we expect to see an increased use of technology to improve health outcomes in the African-American community, such as developing culturally appropriate mobile apps and telehealth programs.
Increased focus on Personalized Medicine:
- GNetX® Sequence Multivitamins takes this approach to healthcare, which addresses individual genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors to develop tailored treatment plans and preventative care options. In 2024, we can expect to see an increased focus on personalized medicine in the African-American community, which can potentially improve health outcomes for various conditions, such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
Increased Focus On Health Equity
- African Americans continue to experience significant health disparities, and working towards achieving health equity in the coming years is essential. In 2024, we expect to see an increased focus on health equity in the African-American community through initiatives such as the NIMHD's All of Us Research Program.
These are just a few of the top health trends for African Americans in 2024. By addressing these trends, we can work to improve the health and well-being of the African American community. What are your new year's resolutions for 2024? How can you continue to play the long game and improve your health outcomes?